Friday, May 11, 2018

An Explosion of Roses in Yokohama

The title says it all, there is an explosion of roses and other flowers in Yokohama right now! So, where to begin? We begin at Nihon Odori avenue.

All along the avenue there are large flower boxes with every color of roses growing in them.

When I say every color I mean it. There are orange colored roses.

And, purplee magenta mauve (I guess) too!

Next up are the lilies in a corner of Zou-No-Hana park.

The anthers look like little coffee beans to me.

There's some early blooming hydrangea amongst the lilies.

Orange lilies!

Gotta keep moving - plenty to see. Next is the rose garden in Yamashita park.

Like all the flowers gardens there is more to see than just roses.

I also like to see the people that are looking at the flowers.

My personal favorite is the Daisey.

Okay, enough dancing around, this is a bigger picture of the rose garden.

Like I said, it's an explosion!

Roses every where one looks.

A funny thing happened whilst I was taking a picture of these two roses. Off in the distance something caught my attention...

Two flower nymphs were frolicking about. Am I seeing things? Is this really happening?

Yes! This is one of the things I like about Yokohama; one never knows what one will see while walking around.

With this and the fact that it's starting to rain I'll call it a day.

Day two - after the rain the sun shines brightly.

Today I'm checking out the rose gardens (yes, there's more than one) at Minato-no-Mieru Oka Koen (Harbor View Park).

Some people take viewing the roses very seriously.

This place is crawling with photographers.

There sure are a lot of people here today.

More of the serious flower gazers.

I love the way the sunshine illuminates the roses.

I notice that most of the people here today are of a certain age group.

The other rose garden in the park. This one is more of courtyard style of garden. Let's walk around.

I've never seen so many people here  before at one time.

Such a peaceful atmosphere.

It's nice that there are so many benches here.

A last look back before I move on.

As I leave the park  I pass by so many people just arriving. This is great!

Walking down the hill toward Motomachi I pass by a row of hydrangea that are just starting to bloom.

Last park of the day. This is Motomachi park.

It's not a flower garden. It's not well known. Pretty much out of the way and very quiet. It does have a rich history that one can easily check out on the Internet.

On nice days I frequently eat my lunch here.
Well, that's my two day tour of the roses of Yokohama. If you're in the area I hope you check it out. And, as always...

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike



Bonus shots!














No comments:

Post a Comment