Saturday, November 18, 2017

A Planar, A Biogon, and A Tele-Tessar - Oh My!

This post will be a three parter based on pictures taken with three different Zeiss camera lenses:
(1) Zeiss Planar T* 50mm f2 ZM lens
(2) Zeiss Biogon T* 25mm f2.8 ZM lens
(3) Zeiss Tele-Tessar T* 85mm f4 ZM lens
Let's go!

(1) Zeiss Planar T* 50mm f2 ZM lens
What better place than Yokohama's China Town to see what a lens can do. My old friend the bun steamer.

I think the simplest things can be the most interesting; like these lanterns in a restaurant entrance.

A 50mm lens is very versatile - great for people pictures. Making the call!

The Zeiss Planar working its magic.

The look of determination,

A cast iron lantern lighting the entrance to a soba restaurant.

An everyday man at the train station.

Seeing the Kanagawa Historical Museum from a different angle.

Running on a cloudy day.

The Yokohama skyline is a mixture of the old and the new.

Shooting into the sun.

On the move in the Motomachi shopping district.

A whirligig wind indicator at the entrance to the Yokohama local meteorological observatory.

(2) Zeiss Biogon T* 25mm f2.8 ZM lens
A 25mm wide angle lens is outstanding for capturing people on the street. Hanz and Franz?

She's got sleeves and she knows how to use them!

A wide angle lens is good for combing the near and the far into one image.

I saw her standing there.

A man, a woman, and the back end of a large passenger ship.

A man can always depend on a woman to guide him through life.

Lean on me, when you're not strong 
And I'll be your friend 
I'll help you carry on 
For it won't be long 
'Til I'm gonna need 
Somebody to lean on
-- Bill Withers

A beautiful day for a walk in the park.

The dogs agree with me on that point.

It seems like all roads lead back to China Town.

China town is always bustling with people.

Happiness is a warm bun!

Catching a few rays.

Rolling out the autumn fashions on the streets of Bashamichi.

An unspectacular image? Not to me; I love the way the afternoon light makes the street's textures come alive.

Plenty of train stations around here.

 (3) Zeiss Tele-Tessar T* 85mm f4 ZM lens
Oh yeah - the short telephoto lens! Time to bring things in for a closer look.

This lens never fails to give me more than I expect.

Spotting humans in the rose garden jungle.

Now there's two of them! but they do look friendly.

A grand daughter and her grand father? A picture can always tell a story if one has some imagination.

This looks familiar.

I like the way the 85mm lens isolates details...

...then reaches out and pulls in the rest of the story.

Chinese munchkins guarding the entrance?

Time for a coffee break.

I never tire of lights and lanterns.

Last shot! Firing up the charcoal just outside a yakitori restaurant.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots, new toy!























No comments:

Post a Comment