Thursday, October 12, 2017

My new Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 Macro Lens

I wanted an all purpose zoom lens to use when I travel, for walking the streets and for macro images; and, it had to be a Sigma lens so I could use it on my Sd Quattro cameras.  Enter the Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 Macro "Contemporary" lens. Sigma web page for this lens

So, this is my first outing with my new toy. Let's go for a walk!

Shooting it wide along the Ookagawa river in Yokohama

The cherry blossom trees that line the Ookagawa river seem to be the first to show signs of autumn.

In Japan one never says "where's a taxi when you need one?"

Thursday morning and all is well along the Nihon-Odori avenue.

Men on the move.

A sea worthy vessel moored at the Oosanbashi pier.

On the other side of the pier is the cruise ship Asuka II.
https://www.asukacruise.co.jp/english/

No better place to test a new lens than Yamashita park.

I don't think that couples holding hands will ever go out of style.

Of course looking for a hand to hold will always be a part of life too.

The rose garden in Yamashita park is a great place to check out this lens's macro feature.

Works for me.


I'm seeing red!

So far so good.

Taking the lens to the street for a high speed run through China Town via Park Avenue.

Welcome to China Town!

Retirees cruising the streets looking for a good time!

His white coat is spotless, he must be the boss.

Looking for a good place to eat lunch.

Chowing down on a fresh steamed bun.

China town is happy town.

Taking in the sights and sounds.

Outside the China town limits I encountered a stream of ladies dressed in Kimonos. Who are they? Where are they going? And, why are they looking so happy??? Mysteries that won't be solved.

There are a lot of old stone buildings in Yokohama. The architecture is impressive.

Hey! We forgot our neck ties!

Nice sidewalks around here.

Passing through the Kannai district.

Now passing through the Bashamichi district (I get around).

I think the one piece dress is classy.

No matter where one goes in the world one is never too far from the Colonel.

I know what she's thinking:
Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time
I feel alive and the world it's turning inside out Yeah!
I'm floating around in ecstasy
So don't stop me now don't stop me
'Cause I'm having a good time having a good time
-- Freddie Mercury

More Freddie
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like

It's been a long day, time to go home. I love public transportation.
All in all I'm very pleased with my new lens.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment