Sunday, May 14, 2017

I'm Just A Lucky So and So

Song writers Mack David and Duke Ellington have got it right with their song "I'm Just A Lucky So and So". The song's lyrics describe how I feel when I'm out and about walking with my camera in hand.


"As I walk down the street
Seems everyone I meet
Gives me a friendly hello
I guess I'm just a lucky so and so"



Throughout this post I'll drop more lines from the song.

One thing about spring in Japan is that there is an explosion of flowers.

The streets of Yokohama are lined with blooming roses.

Azaleas are flourishing on every corner.

We've got flowers by the box load.

No flowers to see here... moving on.

The birds in every tree
Are all so neighborly
They sing wherever I go
I guess I'm just a lucky so and so


There are also nice people on every corner of the town.

They might not always look friendly but if you smile and say hello to a stranger they'll most certainly smile back and respond with a greeting.

 Warm day, nice dress.

One is never far away from a cozy place to rest.

A lovely day on the water front.

If you should ask me the amount
In my bank account
I'd have to confess that I'm slippin'
But that don't worry me, confidentially
I've got a dream that's a pippin'


People are so nice around here they even converse with the pigeons "coo, coo".


A four photo story:
(1) Girl sees poppies, takes out iPhone to snap picture.

(2) Girl decides she needs to move in for a closer shot.

(3) Girl's friend decides to get in the act and snap some pictures too.

(4) Both girls have moved on.
End of story.

 Time for a coffee break at my favorite cafe. This cafe is popular with all age groups.

No age discrimination here.

And when the day is through
Each night I hurry to
A home where love waits, I know
I guess I'm just a lucky so and so




Passing through the bamboo gates in Yokohama park.

"You know I've heard it said there's beauty in distortion"
--Edgar Winter

I agree.

Riding the train home with a bunch of lucky but tired so and sos

Day two: The flowers are taking over!

It's a jungle out here!

Wow! I was looking through the camera trying to compose a picture when a woman in a business suit ran in front of me setting a new Olympic record in the 50 yard high-heel dash. Never underestimate the abilities of a woman in heels to get where she needs to go and be on time.

The only thing missing from this couple's selfie stick is a carrot dangling from the end of it.

It's another beautiful day in paradise.

A fellow photographer getting serious in the Yamashita park flower garden.

The historical Hotel New Grand in the background.

There sure are a lot of young ladies out here today.

Of course who wouldn't want to be out here in the park on a day like today.

On the grounds around Zou-No-Hana, the birth place of the port of Yokohama.

There are flowers from corner to corner.

The original train line that connected the waterfront shipping piers with Yokohama train station ran through this small park.

Back to the mean streets of Hinodecho; we're just in front of the train station and it's time for this Lucky So and So to go home for the day!

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment