Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Alert - Kurihama Flower Park - The Poppies are Coming!

This is just a short post to alert people that the poppies are starting to bloom at the Kurihama Flower World Park.

Note: Kurihama is part of Yokosuka City, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. It can be easily accessed by both the JR train line and Keikyu train line.

I went there [Kurihama] today (along with several hundred other people) to check out the poppies.

The poppies are just starting to bloom and it's already looking good.

This is a great place for people of all ages to visit.


Poppies make people smile - it's true!

The flower fields are criss-crossed with walking paths to make it more enjoyable to view the flowers.



There are also beautiful carp streamers strung across the field.



Today's weather was terrific!

Give the dog a drink - I'm buying!

This is where we poor people come for the Golden Week vacation; the park has a free admission.

Almost everyone has a camera.

These two charming ladies were enjoying ice cream cones while hiking up the slope. Life is good like that.

Last shot of the day: Here comes the bus! Time for me to go home.

Another note: For anyone planning to visit the park I recommend going to Kurihama by train. The park has limited parking and today the line of cars waiting for a parking place was very, very long.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Kristen!

      I think I'm addicted to taking flower pictures. Thanks for taking the time to view my blog . It's terrific to see you leave a comment.

      All the best,
      Mike

      Delete
  2. Can you email me you email address again. I can't seem to find it and Erin wants it.

    ReplyDelete