Sunday, August 28, 2016

Pieces of August

With the end of August in sight I do what I always do; grab a camera and a lens or two and wonder around looking for something of interest to photograph. So, off we go!

Dried flowers in the sun.

The Isezaki shopping street is always full of people from all walks of life.

Yokohama's Nihon Odori Boulevard.
Boulevard is an interesting word: A wide street in a town or city, typically lined with trees.
Nihon Odori certainly meets and exceeds that definition.

High heel strutting in Yoshidacho.

Shorts, shades and sandals - this is what summertime looks like!

Staying in step at Zounohana

Friends

Something about the color of your hair
Red, blue and yellow; it makes me wanna stare
Don't turn around, I don't want to know
I just want to remember the moment like this

Two of us

Members of the men's retirement club.

The wife said get out of the house and do something.

Sometimes he thinks retirement sucks.

Tatami mats in the sun.

Oosanbashi pier: The number one destination in Yokohama for couples to have their picture taken.

And, then there are the newly weds.

Cue the Carpenters performing  "We've only just begun" (written by - Roger Nichols & Paul Williams).
We'll start out walkin' and learn to run

Sharing horizons that are new to us

Do you take this dog to be your pet -- I do

Back down on the ground.

We'll keep on spending sunny days this way
We're gonna talk and laugh our time way
--Eddie Brigati & Felix Cavaliere

This is the place to be on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

She doesn't have much to say.

Break out the booze!

Time for some flowers.

Up close in the pampas grass.

In Yokohama  the streets are lined with sake.

Playing around with my Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 lens.

Another day in the Yokohama historical archive building.

More flowers.

This time I was playing with the Sigma 85mm f1.4 lens.

My old friend Nicky.

The things one sees when wondering around.

Time to shift gears.

Inmates at the petting zoo.

Bracing themselves for the next group of children.

Nothing better than strolling down the boulevard on a sunny August day.

Last shot of the day: The thing I like about Hinodecho station is the way the tracks curve. Practically every train station I've ever been to is straight. The curve gives a nice perspective to the picture. At least that's what I think.
Summer is great but I'm looking forward to the Autumn Equinox.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment