Friday, May 8, 2015

The Yokohama Parade - 2015

I love a parade, the marching bands, the baton twirlers, the people - I love it all. I love it even more when I know about the parade in advance. Last Sunday I went to Yokohama with my Sony A7II camera and only a 75mm f1.8 Voigtlander (manual focus) lens. I had no idea that there was going to be a parade, I was just planning on trying to create some still life artsy stuff. Well, one has to do what one has to do and I tackled the parade with the equipment I had and these are some of the resulting images.


Every marching band needs a leader.

Parades make me happy!

Crowed control - Yokohama's finest.

The man responsible for keeping the beat.

A flower princes

The boy scouts do not disapoint

From big band to a kazoo in hand, this parade has it all!

I waved at her and she waved back.

A stealthy ninja boy scout  works parade security.

The running of the Noge street entertainers


More boy scouts. Looks like some den mothers too!

Samba dancers!

And now, the running of the... I don't know. Sailors?

Got to have banners

An all girl marching band

Lots of girls

Lots more girls
And, there they go.

I'm not the only guy out here swinging a camera.

No parade is complete without flag waving.

No flag is to small

Pom pom girls

Here comes another all girl band

There goes another all girl band.

And, representing China Town, the Chinese dancers!


More crowd control. Lucky for him this crowd is very friendly.

The baton twirler

Leading the way for the last band of the parade.

I think they saved the best for last - this band was incredibly good.

No one was out of step...

And, no one missed a beat.

The end of the parade.
The A7II camera and 75mm manual focus lens got quite a work out today - and it sure was fun! I'm already looking forward to seeing next year's Yokohama Parade.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment