Friday, February 27, 2015

Zeiss 25mm f2.8 Distagon T* Lens

I picked up the Zeiss 25mm f2.8 Distagon T* lens in M42 mount for use on my Sony A7II digital camera and my Bessaflex TM film camera. After a couple of outings with this lens I am completely enamored with it. The lens is simply brilliant! So, let's look at some photos.

The Kanagawa Prefecture History Museum - a good test for architectural capabilities of the semi-wide angle lens

Likewise the Yokohama Customs House.

As usual Nicky and Nicole are willing to pose for a picture.

Another shot of the Yokohama Customs House.

I'm really enjoying the perspective that the 25mm provides.

Venturing out on the Yokohama International Passengers Terminal.

It's a beautiful day for a photography walk-about.

The Minato-Mirai skyline.

I bought this lens out of curiosity; who knew it would be so much fun to use.

The Royal Wing Dinner Cruise Ship pulling away from the pier.

Shuffling through Yamashita Park.

I call this "View From A Park bench"

An aerial shot of Motomachi

Now we tackle the crowd scene of China Town.

For a manual focus lens this is quite easy and fast to nail the picture.

The white specks in the sidewalk are pieces of broken pottery.

Point, shoot, and keep moving.

Always a crown here in China Town.

Saying goodbye to China Town for now.

There is no escaping the Colonel.

A quick excursion through the Noge district.


It's been said that the 35mm lens is best for street photography... I guess the people saying that have never used a 25mm lens.

Kind of a cliche shot but what the heck.

More open spaces in front of the Yokohama Museum of Art.

The mighty Nippon Maru!

A final shot of the Minato-Mirai district.
The Zeiss 25mm f2.8 Distagon T* lens, if you don't have one, get one - you won't regret it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Mike, your pictures are really cool. What if you only had seven days to travel around Japan, what would you absolutely need to see first?
    You can guess I'm not asking that innocently, I'm trying to plan a perfect week in the country and I need expert advice ;)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete