Friday, November 21, 2014

An Uncomplicated Life Lived

Yes, I'm an uncomplicated man. No mystery, no game playing, somewhat predictable and always trying to keep things polite. That's me. I can find happiness in the simplest of things; like going for a walk. Come and walk with me.

Saturday morning and open for business. This is that kind of neighborhood.

 But, in another part of town the people are bathing in the morning sunshine (Yokohama Park).


Nearby a statue of a newspaper delivery boy watches the world go by.

And, go by it does.

Two wheel transportation - economical, ecological friendly, good for ones health, and it get's one where one needs to be.

Fellow walkers.

Hell on wheels - rolling thunder of the smaller kind.

The tail gunner bringing up the rear.

Yokohama is an international city. Many foreigners here, some visiting, many residing. It's a nice place to be.

We always stop to smell the roses.

Pause, refresh, move on.

I'm one of those people that will never own a Ferrari, so I just content myself with watching others happily drive theirs.

I'm just as happy to walk through Motomachi park.

Motomachi shopping street, the window shopping is to die for.

A street vendor  grilling Yakitori. A few sticks of yakitori with a cold beer always puts a smile on my face.

A street festival complete with a Thai dancing exhibition. Well, I think it's Thai. I could be wrong.


Make mine a Fanta grape soda.

Another of my favorite street scenes - Hinodecho crossing.

One of life's simplest pleasures -  looking at a tree.



Only Mother Nature can put on a show like this.

The littlest girl scout in Yamashita park. Feel free to visit, she'll be there.

A truly historical street address.

They come runnin' just as fast as they can
Cause every girl is crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.
-- ZZ Top

Yes, we have bananas

They come runnin' just as fast as they can

I see you, you see me; we see each other.

And, life goes on like that.

I'll leave with this lyric from Huey Lewis and the News:

It don't take money, it don't take fame
Don't need no credit card to ride this train
Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
You won't feel nothin' till you feel...
... you feel the power of love


Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

1 comment:

  1. That fountain picture looks like the water is rising up all around it. That's def my fav of this set!

    ReplyDelete