Monday, September 8, 2014

Parasols In the Sun

Parasol: A light usually small umbrella used especially by women as a sunshade.

Here in Japan we are in the tweens - that is that we are between summer and fall. That time of year when one day will be sunny, hot and humid; whilst the next day may be rainy, cold and windy. It's not a bad time of year, it just gets a little confusing on how to prepare for the day. Anyway, last Saturday was one of those sunny, hot, humid affairs and the parasols were out in abundance.

Sometimes a parasol can enhance a woman's charm and beauty.

Parasol on the move!

The have and have not's of parasols.

Here's a little trick that men pull to get the advantage of a parasol without looking like a sissy.

Parasols passing like two ships at sea.

I know what she's thinking (other than "my husband's lost and we're going to be late for the wedding reception"); she's thinking, "why didn't I bring my parasol with me? This sun is cooking me!"

Well, not everyone needs a parasol. She's thinking "I've got this guy wrapped around my little finger and with some training he'll make a good husband" and he's just thinking, "I'm the luckiest guy on earth".

Some days are better than others.

If you don't have a parasol at least where some sun glasses.

Another case of "this sun is cooking me".

The next best thing - a shade tree.

If you can't hack the heat find a nice bar in a back ally and hang out 'til the sun goes down.

The movers have arrived.

It's time to start working my way home.

Hinodecho crossing and the bicycles are flying.

A loving couple about to board the local train.

Kamiooka train station and this is where I change to an express train for my last leg home.

And here comes the express train now!
All picture were taken with a Panasonic Lumix GX1 and Sigma DN lenses.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment