Saturday, August 9, 2014

Bessa R2A Rangefinder Camera

I was in a camera shop in Hinodecho the other day and they had a used Bessa R2A camera (gray color) in mint condition for half the price of a new one. I checked it out, I thought it was new, I was informed it was used. I circled around the store several times and eventually did what I knew I was going to do - I bought it.  I loaded it with a roll of Fujicolor 100 ISO film and put a Voigtlander Nokton Classic 35mm f1.4 lens on it and snapped some shots to make sure the camera functioned properly. These are some of the pictures from that roll of film.

The entrance to Isezakicho shopping street.

A back ally in Yoshidacho.

As  always my favorite bridge in Noge.

Other side of the bridge.

Passing by the Starbucks in Bashamichi.

Passing by the backside of Aka Renga Soko.

We should all practice the "Special Quality Shake Hand". The world would be a better place if we did.

The Bessa R2A in gray.

Plenty to do in China Town.






The Nokton lens works well indoors without a flash.

This phone call is for you.

I'm happy to say that there is nothing wrong with the camera. Everything works like new! Now all I need is some time to take it out someplace new and interesting and have fun with it.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

1 comment: