Thursday, December 12, 2013

Peaceful Kurihama

I was killing some time in Kurihama so of course I took some pictures. It was near the end of the day and some fishing men were returning home.


Hmmm... a little basic seamanship could have prevented this mishap. Need a little more slack in the mooring lines.

It's also that time of day when kids are going home from school.


Down by the beach the power plant smoke stacks strike a dramatic pose.

A view of the Boso peninsula from the Kurihama beach.

Most people like the beach in summer, I prefer to walk along the beach in winter.

The monument to Commodore Perry.

The Commodore's clock?

A nice little seaside restaurant.

Safety first!


The car ferry heads to sea.

Looks like I'm not the only one killing time.

Same stacks, different view.

More guys coming home for the night.

I must admit, Kurihami is a nice place to pass the time away.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment