Saturday, August 17, 2013

Lumix LX7, Wide - Wild - Sometimes Wet

Nobody wants to sit around the house on a hot humid August day, right? So, Emi and I ventured out for a walk around our usual weekend haunts and I wanted to travel light so I brought along my Panasonic Lumix LX7 camera. The LX7 is kind of a sophisticated point & shoot camera that has great manual control and a very fast lens. Most (but not all) of these pictures were shot at 24mm f2.8 ISO 80.

We can't start walking until we get some lunch. Today we ate at a Chinese restaurant in Bashamichi.

Ti's I.

One never knows what one will encounter on a walk around Yokohama.

Gotta get that birth rate up in Japan. This couple is doing their part to help.

Enjoying a cold beer at the Brazil festival being held at Aka Renga Soko.

Passing through Yamashita park.



Getting silly at the far end of Yamashita park.


This guy is thinking, what the heck are they doing?

Cooling off!

Testing the LX7's close-up capabilities.

Hanging out in Motomachi. Smoke'm if you got'm

The old behind the back cell phone tuck away.

There is a nice gentle breeze blowing through the Motomachi shopping street.

Good advice on her shirt... Laugh! It works for me.


Pompadour, always good baked breads and such here.

Zipping through Yokohama Koen.

There's a song lyric (I think) that says "youth is wasted on the young".  I don't know, it looks like it's not being wasted here.

I can't pass up a lantern shot.

Entering Noge, the street is blocked off for a Matsuri festival.

This festival is incorporating the use of fire hoses to cool down (or drowned) the merry makers.




I think the swimming goggles are a good idea.


Everyone is having a good time.

Time to move on.

Also, time for a drink. Of course we stop by our favorite stand bar for a quick drink before heading home.

Still life - "Chu hi & Peaches".

Other customers are cooling off too; somebody needs to card the one guy, I think he's underage.

Last shot of the day, just outside Yokosuka Chuo train station, two girls enjoy a walk wearing their summer yukata.

While I prefer some of my other cameras to the LX7, for traveling lightly, it [the LX7] gets the job done.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment