Saturday, June 8, 2013

Sometimes a walk is just a walk

That's it, Emi and I just went for a walk and maybe it wasn't an adventure, and yet it was fun. Call it a trip without a plan, simply putting one foot in front of the other and walking for good health. I think that the good health comes from more than the physical aspect of walking, it's also the psychological aspect of being out with other people and seeing that the world can be a happy place. So, come walk with us and see the world through the eyes of the people of Yokohama on a sunny Saturday afternoon.


A time  to love.

A time for friends.

Running makes for a clear head and a strong heart.

Strolling along the waterfront.

I love you mommy!


Good friends.

Back to the Bluff.






Waiting for the bus.


Whatever this was is a mystery to me.


Y-M-C-A!

Take me out to the ball park!

Some serious high heel dog walking shoes.

Well, we arrive at the Odori Koen Flee Market.




One persons junk is...


...another persons treasure.

Emi is on the hunt for some cloth.


And, now I'm on the hunt for a place to have an afternoon cold drink.

Still looking. Drum roll please!

New dress code, drum is required to enter. We continue our search.


This looks like the spot!

Emi orders our drinks.


Green tea and shochu for Emi and a high ball for me - cheers!
Every good walk deserves a happy ending.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

4 comments:

  1. What a nice idea for a blog post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Very kind of you to take the time to make such a nice comment.

      Delete
  2. You know Mike, Japanese always intrigued me - their capacity for work and the quality of their products. I interviewed one Japanese company owner back in November last year and since then I am completely obsessed with Japan.

    I tried many other blogs about Japan but didn't stick around. I don't like these artsy photography blogs - I want to see real life. I think that's why I keep coming here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elena, your comment has made my day! Thank you for the encouraging words.

      Delete