Sunday, September 9, 2012

Great Weekend - Part 1

I just had a great weekend. For starters, I bought a new point-&-shoot camera and decided to give it a thorough work-out. I started taking pictures Friday after work and continued throughout Saturday and Sunday. The following are the highlights of my adventures.

To begin with, my new camera is a Lumix LX7 and it has a very fast f 1.4 lens which allows me to shoot pictures indoors without using a flash. Like this picture of Emi in a small hole-in-the-wall resturant we went to afterwork on Friday.


Ah, here comes some food from the kitchen.


The next day [Saturday] I decided to take the LX7 to Yokohama to really test it out. Here we are at Yokohama Station out on the platform; these are the guys that connect and disconnect the train cars.


And, these are platform attendants - they make sure that people get on and off the train safely before the train doors close and the train starts moving. This must be a tough job durring rush hour.



Once out of the station I just started snapping away at anything and everything:

Kids!
Street performers!

We need a volunteer:


Singing his heart out:


Not sure everyone feels the love.


Well, there's plenty of love here at a wedding reception.


Back on the move, making my way to Hinodecho train station:

Taking it to the streets - Shooting wide angle.


Darn, here comes the rain!


And now here comes the train! I'm heading home on this one


Thanks for stopping by;
Great weekend part 2 - comming soon!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment