Sunday, July 15, 2012

Walking in Yokohama City

I like to walk and the city of Yokohama is made for walking. I can jump on the train and be there in about 50 minutes. Once there I head for the waterfront and the real walking begins.

This picture was taken on a quiet Sunday morning, practically had the place to myself.

Well. almost to myself

Next up I strolled past the Cup Noodle Museum. I've never been inside but it is always busy.

Moving past the museum my feet take me to the old redbrick warehouses that have been converted to stores and restaurants.

When one is out for a half-day walk-about it's important to drink plenty of fluids and stay properly hydrated. However, one side effect is the need to find a nice clean restroom. The public restroom that I like to use is located in the middle of my usual walking route at the prefectual museum of history.

Which is also near the famous Landmark Tower

Getting back to the waterfront I've arrived at Yamashita Park.

By turning inland I'll walk past the Yokohama Marine Tower and then skirt past China Town.
























Oh man! I've been walking for almost 2 hours, best if I head for the nearest train station. Oopps! wrong station - this is the station near the Yokohama Baseball stadium; home of the Yokohama Baystars team.

As I work my way to the right station my feet seemed to get a mind of their own and have delivered me to a nice little watering hole. Ok, maybe I'll just have one beer.

After a short rest and a cold beer I get on the train and head home.
The End

2 comments: